Poor Monday. It rarely wins popularity contests, but what if I told you we could make it a bit better?
Let’s try these six things:
- Get flannel sheets for your bed. Don’t even hesitate. Trust me on this. I can’t believe I survived winters without them.
- Study one thing at a time. Usually I bounce around from topic to topic based on what I’m interested in that day, but I’m focusing on joy for the next week or two as we approach Christmas. So, I’m finding podcasts on the subject, studying scriptures about joy and searching through books and music to learn more.
- Is there a young person in your life who loves fun stickers and mail? When you use this link you save $5 off a Pipsticks subscription, which means you can get an envelope full of stickers delivered to your niece for just $5 (or get twice as many for $10). The really cool part? They also have stickers for adults — and you should be able to get $5 off those as well! It makes a great gift, especially for those who live far away, and you can cancel the subscription at any time.
- It’s easy to feel less-than this time of year. The gift lists gets long and the budget gets short. When that happens, I suggest picking a closet to clean. In most houses, any kind of closet will work to remind you that you have plenty. That you are blessed.
- In a few weeks we’ll all be making resolutions to get more organized, and Chatbooks has made it easy for me to keep my resolution of organizing family photos. I have my account set up so that when I post pictures to Instagram it pulls the photo, the date and the caption into a book. Each page of the book only has one photo on it, so I don’t even have to worry about any design work. I just take pictures of our family adventures, add a few notes as I post them to Instagram and Chatbooks mails me a soft-cover book once I reach 60 pages — for $8, including really slow shipping. You can set your account up to pull pictures from Facebook, your camera… whatever works best for you. (I heard if you use the code “pandora” you can get a free book!)
- Having trouble finding specific notes in your notebook? Take a sticky note (or washi tape) and place it so that it hangs over the edge of the page just a little. Write a name or the date or a keyword near the edge so it serves as a small tab.
What else can we do to make Monday better?
If you like Pinterest, would you please pin this story? I’m trying to introduce this space to new readers and sharing on social media really helps!